Tuesday, May 10, 2011

No Cancer For Me

My beautiful new toaster oven
Health nuts say microwaves cause cancer, and we shouldn’t use them anymore. People on the run say microwaves are lifesavers, and they use them all the time. I say microwaves don’t come with my apartment, so I can’t use them anymore.

Do microwaves really cause cancer? I don’t know. All I know is that my tiny little kitchen in my tiny little apartment doesn’t have one, and because I do live in a tiny little place, I needed to buy a multi-purpose appliance in its place. Like any woman who needs to buy one thing for the kitchen, I bought two: a toaster oven and George Foreman grill with removable plates. In making these two purchases, what I really bought were the following: toaster, oven, grill, waffle maker, baking dish, and microwave.
Look familiar?
The combination of a toaster oven and George Foreman grill really is better than a microwave. 


Today, Philip and I reheated left overs for the first time since we moved to New York. Using our toaster oven, we reheated (without drying out, overcooking, or burning) macaroni and cheese, a burger, carne asada meat, rice, black beans, pizza, and a pasta dish. Using our George Foreman, we reheated corn tortillas.

They were all oh-so-delicious...nothing was soggy, limp, or chewy like food normally is when it comes out of the microwave. And best of all...I don’t have to worry about cancer anymore.

4 comments:

  1. That's my girl!!! No more microwaves. You guys are doing great. I love to read your posts.

    I love you bunches

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you, too! I thought you would like that we had no microwave. :)

    Thanks for reading my posts. I don't know who else reads them, but they're sure fun to write...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm reading them and really enjoying them!
    Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Kristen! If you or Mario like writing, you should consider blogging when you move, too! It's really fun... :)

    ReplyDelete